Bordeaux Wine Month
About Bordeaux Wine Month
Celebrate the diversity of Bordeaux Wines this September by taking part in Bordeaux Wine Month.
Now in its fifth year, with a proven track-record of boosting sales, Bordeaux Wine Month is a key part of the drive of Bordeaux Wines UK to support the wine trade and is a great way to engage with customers old and new, particularly in times marred by uncertainty.
- It’s free to take part – in fact, we’ll pay you £200, but spaces are limited so register your interest early
- You’ll be provided with a comprehensive merchandising pack to decorate your store, educate your customers and use as rewards or prizes in competition
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube? Our digital toolbox is bursting with assets to help you promote your wines online
- Boost your sales – last year each store sold an average of 120 extra bottles of Bordeaux wines during the promotion
- You’ll be in with a chance to win a trip to Bordeaux, or four £250 cash prizes to go towards new Bordeaux listings. There’ll also be a cash reward for the best online and social media campaign
- Applications are only open to UK independent wine merchants – if you have multiple stores please ensure you register each one to receive multiple POS packs and payments
Bordeaux Wine Month is the perfect opportunity to increase interest in Bordeaux, boost your profits, and importantly have some fun during the summer. There really is nothing to lose and a lot to gain, so perhaps it’s unsurprising that 100% of last year’s participating merchants are keen to be involved again this year. What are you waiting for…?
To take part in Bordeaux Wine Month 2022, all you need to do is run a high-visibility promotion featuring Bordeaux wines in-store (and online as appropriate), using the visibility pack that we’ll provide you with and ensuring that the following criteria are met:
- Hold a minimum of 3 tastings in your store, over at least two weeks during September
- Ensure consumers have the opportunity to taste at least 4 Bordeaux wines, one of which is a dry white
- Host a minimum of 60 participants across your tastings
Please note if you have more than one store, you’ll need to register them independently to receive separate merchandise packs and payments for each store
How we'll support you
We’ll pay you £200 for your participation, provided you give us adequate feedback.
We’ll provide you with a comprehensive POS visibility pack to help educate and reward your consumers. This will include items such as maps, posters, neck-tags, pens, tote bags, tissue paper, corkscrews and more, to support your in-store campaign.
We’ll also share a toolbox of digital assets including logos, banners and images so that you can customise your website, newsletters and social media channels.
Taking inspiration from effective campaigns over the last 3 years, we’ll give you ideas on how to promote your shop’s promotion offline and online, encourage new customers in-store, and how to use the digital toolbox and promotional materials successfully.
Social Media Support
And finally, don’t forget to tag us @BordeauxWinesUK and #BordeauxWineMonth on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, so that we can promote your involvement too.
In order to receive payment of £200 for your participation, and be in with a chance to win one of the prizes below, we will require the following information from you:
- Completion of a short evaluation form stating number of attendees, consumer feedback, changes in perception etc
- A minimum of 5 images of your promotion; including Bordeaux merchandise in situ, customers participating in a tasting (if applicable), and a display of Bordeaux wines
Best Independent Merchant Campaign x 5
- 1st: Win an exciting 3 day trip to meet some of the winemakers and discover the wines of Bordeaux in 2023
- 2nd: 4 x cash prizes of £250 towards new Bordeaux listings
nb The winner will be selected by the CIVB based on the most innovative approach to this year’s promotion, whilst taking into account the use of social media, newsletters, digital assets, merchandise displays and promotional activities.
Best use of Digital Assets x 1
- A further £250 is up for grabs for the most effective use of Bordeaux Wine Month’s digital assets in driving an online campaign
- Sunday 31st July: Deadline to register your interest for participation
- August: We’ll be in touch to confirm your involvement and to share further details about the campaign
- September: Bordeaux Wine Month – merchants across the UK will be working alongside you to promote Bordeaux, with masterclasses, food-pairing dinners, virtual training, in-store tastings and more. Bordeaux Wines’ dedicated social media team will be ready to support you at every step to help promote your involvement
- October: On receipt of images and a short evaluation form, we’ll issue payments and announce winners for Bordeaux Wine Month’s prizes!
Bordeaux Wine Month’s registration has now closed due to oversubscription. Good luck to everyone who is taking part in the 2022 promotion, and for everyone else, we’ll be back in 2023.
If you encounter any problems with the registration links, or you have a question that hasn’t been answered above, please contact us at [email protected] or ring 020 8401 5501